The Log Search Bar plugin for Selenium IDE is now available on the Firefox addons site.
The Log Search Bar plugin is a plugin for Selenium-IDE to show a find toolbar in the log pane making it easy to search through the displayed log messages. Once this plugin is installed, the log pane will be changed to contain the find toolbar similar to the one found in the Firefox browser.
Mini user guide for the plugin
- Type the search term in the Find textbox on the Find toolbar.
- Click on the Next and Previous buttons to search for the next or previous matches.
- Check the Match Case checkbox to to case sensitive search.
The shortcut keys when the Find toolbar is in focus are the same as the ones you use in FireFox. For the English version they are as follows:-
- Next match: Alt-N
- Previous Match: Alt-P
- Highlight All: Alt-A
- Match case: Alt-C
- If the window size is too short or the Selenium IDE is displayed as a sidebar, part of the Find toolbar will not be visible or may display some part on the window border. All functions of the Find toolbar will be available by using the shortcut keys mentioned earlier.
- If you press the single quote (‘) or the slash (/) in the log window, the Quick Find toolbar will replace the find toolbar and will be hidden after a few seconds leaving you without the find toolbar. To get the find toolbar in the log pane again, switch to any other pane and then switch back to log pane.