Yeah!!! Managed to get a small test working on Firefox 4 beta 6 using Selenium RC v1.0.1
Here are the steps that I followed.
- Rename the selenium-server.jar to selenium-server.zip (as it is actually a zip file).
- Unpack the selenium-server.xip into a folder named selff4.
- Search inside selff4 folder for all filesÂ named install.rdf
- Open all these install.rdf files,Â five in all, one by one.
- Update the maxVersion line with theÂ 4.0. so it looked like
- Zip up the contents of the folderÂ selff4 back into the selenium-server.zip
- Rename the selenium-server.zip backÂ to selenium-server.jar
I used the command similar to the following to run the test.
java -jar "selenium-server.jar" -htmlSuite "*firefox C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta 3\firefox.exe" "http://yourservernameorURLhere/" "C:\fullpath\to\test-Suite.htm" "C:\fullpath\to\logfile.txt"
And it worked!!!
I did seeÂ the following error message in the console, but the test ran just fine.
22:52:57.474 ERROR - Couldn't determine version number
The test suiteÂ contained very limited number of comands, perhaps one of you can give it a more thorough workout. Also notice how the path to the firefox executable can be specified.
Just an tiny observation: My Firefox beta 6 is still in the folder saying beta 3.