Those of you who have been following my blog would have expected this news. I mentioned in my post about Testing Evidence that I was working on this plugin. Test Results is a plugin for Selenium-IDE to save the results of the test execution for the test suite and included test cases in a single click. The plugin also allows you to export the test results for individual test cases. I have uploaded it to the Mozilla Addons website, but the approval process to make it public usually takes a while. The good news is that you can grab it right now from the addons page.
Once you install the plugin, two new menu items will appear in the File menu.
They are titled as follows and should be self explanatory.
- Export test case results…
- Export test suite results…
See the screen-shot for the position of these menu items.
- Click on the Export test case results… menu item to export the test results for the currently selected test case.
- Click on the Export test suite results… menu item to export the test results for the currently test suite including all test cases. Another screen-shot shows the results.
- Don’t forget to save the test cases as you usually do. The test results are not supposed to replace your saved test cases and trying to open them in Selenium IDE may have unexpected effects.
- The test case name when exporting test results for individual test cases may not be available.
To use this plugin, you will need to install Selenium IDE extension of at least version 1.0.4 first. Only in English for now.
This released version is the second complete rewrite of the plugin. Even though the first version worked, I was not happy with the code. While this caused a delay in releasing the plugin, I am quite happy with the new code. This is also the first plugin where I started to experiment with automated tests for the plugin. The current tools support does leave a lot to be desired, but it should still save me a bit of time when releasing the next version.
As usual feel free to leave comments, improvements, advise, criticism, problems…