The community of Perl, PHP and Groovy users that use Selenium must have felt sad when the official support for these formatters was dropped. Starting v1.2.0 of Selenium IDE, these formatters were no longer bundled with Selenium IDE. I have some good news for you. All these formatters are bundled as individual plugins and you can still get them from Selenium IDE v1.1.0 if you are interested. Here is what you need to do.
- Download the Selenium IDE v1.1.0 from official Selenium download site here. Do not install it, the best way is to right click on the link and save link as.
- Next, change the extension from .xpi to .zip
- Then, open it with your favourite archive manager. I would recommend 7-zip, but you can use any other you like or even the built-in support in Windows.
- Extract the groovy-format.xpi, perl-format.xpi and php-format.xpi.
- Open the extracted files one by one in Firefox using the File menu -> Open File… menu item.
- If you run into compatibility issues, you can bump up the em:maxVersion in the install.rdf. See the screenshot for the location. I am planning to release a tool that will do this automatically in the future. Till then, search in Google on how to do this if you are having trouble. I have heard that installing the Add-on Compatibility Reporter first can also help.
I hope that they will be available for installing directly from the Selenium download page in the future even though they are not supported (Adam, hint, hint :-)).